We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on secure servers (as further detailed below) and we will fully comply with all applicable data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
Information we may collect from you
By using the Website you agree to us collecting the following information about you:
- Information about your visit to the Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and communication data.
- Information that you input by filling in forms, for example during the registration process or when making a purchase, such as but not limited to your name, gender, email address, billing address, telephone number, product selections, payment type and card expiry date.
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Website.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us, for example by email or phone. This includes communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content.
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details.
- Internet pages you have visited immediately before coming to the Website or pages you visit immediately after leaving the Website.
- Information which you share with other users via the messaging system.
- Profile picture, names of resorts that Instructors offer their services in and calendar availability.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies are essential in order to allow you to login and make full use of the Website.
A cookie is a simple text file that is issued to your computer when you visit a website and which stores and sometimes tracks information about your use of a website. Each cookie is unique to your browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, the website name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
All cookies used by Ski Dreams are ‘first party’ cookies. This means that any cookie set on the Website can only be read back from the Website. No other website or application is able to read or access information from any cookie set by the Website.
Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the Website and use their respective features. Without these cookies you cannot for example log into the Website. These cookies are passed under HTTPS in an encrypted format. This provides the most security when identifying you as a user.
These cookies let us monitor how the Website is performing. These cookies do not let us identify users. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the user experience for our users on the Website. For example, these cookies allow us to test different design ideas for particular pages and understand how well these pages work for our users.
These cookies allow us to:
- record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Website to you, such as by customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Website;
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Website (including how long you spend on the Website) and where you have come to the Website from, so that we can improve the Website and learn which parts and which functions of the Website are most popular with users;
- gather information about the pages on the Website that you visit and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”.
Controlling or deleting cookies
Please remember that if you delete or restrict cookies from the Website you may not be able to use parts of or take full advantage of the Website (as the case may be) and their respective features and services.
We may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyse your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Platform may scan and analyse messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking users to send them money outside of the Platform, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyse messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyse your communications for sending Third-Party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to Third Parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that Ski Dreams, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyse, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
Instructor reviews and lesson feedback
Reviews and lesson feedback can be reviewed, investigated or analysed by us as part of user protection or to improve the Website. Once a lesson has taken place you are given the option to leave a review of your instructor, reviews are public to all users of the Website. Instructors can also leave lesson feedback, which is attached to your profile, this information is only visible to instructors you book lessons with.
Payment details you provide will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology before they are submitted over the internet. Payments made on the Website are made through our payment gateway provider. You will be providing identification, PayPal or credit/debit card information directly to who operate a secure server to process payment details, encrypting your credit/debit card information and authorising payment.
Uses made of your information
We use the information you provide only for the following purposes:
- to administer the Website, including administering your account with us;
- to deliver Website content & advertisements to you, including personalising email and Website content specifically to you;
- to notify you of services or special offers that may be of interest to you only if you consent for us to do so;
- for statistical or survey purposes to improve the services of this Website for you;
- to enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Website which you request;
- to audit the downloading of data from the Website;
- to improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website and customise them for users;
- to identify visitors to the Website;
- to carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- to send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes in accordance with the below;
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may share your email address, in encrypted form, with Facebook in order to engage in look-a-like targeting. This enables us to reach new people who are likely to be interested in us because they are similar to other customers of ours.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party. We may also share any personal information we hold about you amongst our group companies.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and/or user information, we are entitled do so. We may also disclose your personal information if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information.
Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. Where sensitive financial information is provided to us, we use encryption software to attempt to prevent unauthorised access to this information being obtained.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Website is sent to and stored on secure servers. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Website, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.